Gabrielle S. Davis, P.C. - family law

Your Solutions Start With A Phone Call
Schedule A Free Consultation

Oak Park: 708-628-5102
Oak Brook: 630-206-4812

A Caring Approach to Divorce And
Family Law Issues
In Chicago

How to Get Temporary Child Support or Maintenance

On Behalf of | Dec 1, 2019 | Child Support

Are you going through a Divorce or Custody Case in Illinois and you need Child Support or Maintenance now?

Family Cut Apart.jpg

Maybe you can’t wait until the Divorce or Custody Case is final.

Chances are you are strapped for funds. You do not have to wait until the Divorce or Custody Case is final to get Child Support. If you are married and your spouse makes significantly more money than you, you can also ask for maintenance or spousal support even before the Divorce is final.

Here’s how.

1. You need to fill out a Financial Affidavit Form. This is a Statewide Form available online. You will need to state what you earn if any, what your expenses are including what you spend on the kids and what you have in the bank. You will also have to list all other assets such as retirement accounts, real estate and business interests. You will have to list all of your credit card balances and loan balances. Don’t leave anything off!

2. You will need back up paperwork such as your pay stub, tax returns, bank and retirement account statements and last but not least those credit card statements.

3. Once you have completed steps 1 and 2, you are ready for the Petition for Temporary Support or Maintenance. That Petition will summarize your financial needs, your limited ability to meet those needs and your spouse or former partner’s ability to help the children or just you.

We at Gabrielle S. Davis PC care about families and are sensitive to the Financial Perils a Divorce or Custody Battle can bring. We can help you get that Temporary Child Support or Maintenance Order you need.

FindLaw Network