PLEASE NOTE: In response to Governor Pritzker’s shelter-in-place order, our physical office is closed. However, our attorney’s and support staff are working remotely in order to service all of your needs. We can be reached via phone or email.
Your Solutions Start With A Phone Call
Schedule A Free Consultation
Oak Park: 708-628-5102
Oak Brook: 630-206-4812

Can I get More than Child Support in my Illinois Divorce?

The answer is yes. You are entitled to much more than child support!

1. Child Care Expenses. If you have young children and they are in day care, the court can order your soon to be ex to contribute to at least half of your kids' day care expenses. This is true even if you have a private babysitter or a relative watching your children. What you must do, however, is provide written invoices of the day care costs on a regular basis. 

2. Medical Insurance Premiums. Both parents are required to contribute towards the Health Insurance Premiums for their children. This can include not just the cost of major medical insurance but also, for example, visual and dental coverage.

3. Uninsured Medical Expenses. As we all know, insurance covers less and less these days. Your soon to be ex can be required to pay half or some other percentage of the medical bills that your insurance company refuses to pay. This can include not just "medical" bills but also, for example, bills for therapy, braces or eyeglasses. 

4. College or Vocational School. In your Illinois Divorce or Custody Dispute, your soon to be ex will be ordered to contribue to the costs of sending your kids to College or Vocational School. How much he or she will be required to contribute will depend on both of your financial situations when the time comes.

Make sure that you get all you are entitled to in your Illinois Divorce or Custody Dispute. You are entitled to more than just child support. Child Support.jpgWe at Gabrielle S. Davis PC will fight for your rights and the rights of your kids to get all of the financial support they need even if their parents are splitting up.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Contact The Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Oak Park Office
1101 Lake Street
Oak Park, IL 60301

Phone: 630-206-4812
Phone: 708-358-0901
Fax: 708-358-1335
Map & Directions

Oak Brook Office
700 Commerce Drive,
Suite 500
Oak Brook, IL 60523

Phone: 708-628-5102
Phone: 630-288-5000
Map & Directions