Gabrielle S. Davis, P.C. - family law

Your Solutions Start With A Phone Call
Schedule A Free Consultation

Oak Park: 708-628-5102
Oak Brook: 630-206-4812

A Caring Approach to Divorce And
Family Law Issues
In Chicago

Temporary Child Support Orders

On Behalf of | Apr 21, 2019 | Child Support

Are you in need of Child Support?

You may be a single parent with a newborn desperately trying to make ends meet and the Dad will only agree to buying the baby diapers.

You may be going through a divorce after a long term marriage. You and the Dad or Mom have actually separated but you are finding that your wages alone are not enough to support your household.

The good news is you do not have to wait until the end of your case to get financial relief.

Divorce with Children.jpg

Whether your are married or unmarried, you can file an immediate Petition for Child Support. At the same time, you can ask for Temporary Custody or what we now call in Illinois Temporary Allocation of Parental Responsibilities and Parenting Time. You will ask for Child Support based on your Respective Incomes and Parenting Time. If the children are with you more than 146 nights a year, and you make less than the Father or Mother than you should get a reasonable Child Support Award. It will depend on how much less you make than the other parent.

What will you need to file a Temporary Child Support Petition? 

1. Your most recent pay stub

2. Your most recent income tax return

3. Your W2 form from the previous year. 

The court will order the other parent to provide the same paperwork. That is how your attorney and the judge decide how much child support you will get.

At my firm, we do not hesitate to go court to get immediate relief for our clients. We file Petitions for Temporary Child Support all the time. The goal is that no one ends up on the street just because they have to live separately.

FindLaw Network