PLEASE NOTE: In response to Governor Pritzker’s shelter-in-place order, our physical office is closed. However, our attorney’s and support staff are working remotely in order to service all of your needs. We can be reached via phone or email.
Your Solutions Start With A Phone Call
Schedule A Free Consultation
Oak Park: 708-628-5102
Oak Brook: 630-206-4812

Temporary Child Support Orders

Are you in need of Child Support?

You may be a single parent with a newborn desperately trying to make ends meet and the Dad will only agree to buying the baby diapers.

You may be going through a divorce after a long term marriage. You and the Dad or Mom have actually separated but you are finding that your wages alone are not enough to support your household.

The good news is you do not have to wait until the end of your case to get financial relief.

Divorce with Children.jpg

Whether your are married or unmarried, you can file an immediate Petition for Child Support. At the same time, you can ask for Temporary Custody or what we now call in Illinois Temporary Allocation of Parental Responsibilities and Parenting Time. You will ask for Child Support based on your Respective Incomes and Parenting Time. If the children are with you more than 146 nights a year, and you make less than the Father or Mother than you should get a reasonable Child Support Award. It will depend on how much less you make than the other parent.

What will you need to file a Temporary Child Support Petition? 

1. Your most recent pay stub

2. Your most recent income tax return

3. Your W2 form from the previous year. 

The court will order the other parent to provide the same paperwork. That is how your attorney and the judge decide how much child support you will get.

At my firm, we do not hesitate to go court to get immediate relief for our clients. We file Petitions for Temporary Child Support all the time. The goal is that no one ends up on the street just because they have to live separately.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Contact The Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Oak Park Office
1101 Lake Street
Oak Park, IL 60301

Phone: 630-206-4812
Phone: 708-358-0901
Fax: 708-358-1335
Map & Directions

Oak Brook Office
700 Commerce Drive,
Suite 500
Oak Brook, IL 60523

Phone: 708-628-5102
Phone: 630-288-5000
Map & Directions